“God of compassion, you have opened the way for us and brought us to yourself. Pour your love into our hearts, that, overflowing with joy, we may freely share the blessings of your realm and faithfully proclaim the good news of your Son, Jesus Christ, our Savior and Lord. Amen.”
As we gather each Sunday, we receive the healing that makes us well and sends us forth to be signs of God’s mercy for the world. We will gather for worship on this 3rd Sunday after Pentecost June 18th at 10:00 am. You can also participate through the livestream and recording at www.ststephenslutheran.org.
There is usually a Children’s Church / Sunday School program planned during worship. Please contact Leslie Lapp 476-4700 for more info. The Family Room is always available adjacent to the sanctuary for little one’s activities if you need it. We love having children in church and all that brings as part of worship!
Coffee Fellowship: Please contact our Church Administrator Leslie if you are willing to host. We need you!
- Pastor Jim on vacation/continuing education from June 12 – July 7.
- Sunday June 18 – Rev. Carol Been presiding.
- Sundays June 25 & July 7 – Rev. Gary Stevenson presiding.
- Leslie on vacation June 17 – June 27.
- For Jody, Renny, Iris and Evelyn as they move to LaCrosse, WI for the next year. Bring strength, patience and courage in their transition.
- For Nancy’s friends and our neighbors at St. Stephen’s Senior Housing: Jane, Annetta, Joyce, Bentley and Jeannie. Also for James, John, and Elida
- For Kim’s grandsons Isaac and Mateo, and for Atlas’ surgery and rehabilitation.
- For Tony who mourns the death of his brother Stephen and his nephew.
- For the life and witness of our brother Marshall Bautz as he entered the Church Triumphant and joins his beloveds Thora and Sylvia and all the saints. Comfort and God’s loving embrace for his family and friends in their grieving.
- For Rena Brown undergoing treatment for leukemia.
- For Janica Paustian to be healed from cancer.
- For Amy Wimmer to be healed from cancer as she faces upcoming surgery, and for her 15 yr old trans son Gray.
- For Joshua, Hailey and Jesse.
- For Barbara Rowe.
- For Carla Brown’s health and struggles at work.
For Keith’s sobriety.
- For Joel Hurtgamm that his eyesight will be improved.
- For Beau Gray and his family in his recurrence of brain cancer.
- For Dorothy Ronning as she struggles with chronic pain.
For Tina’s sister Lisa and friend Jacob’s health.
- For Jeannette Dawson’s brother Craig who was recently diagnosed with Parkinson’s.
- For Connie and Paul Cunningham as Paul undergoes treatment for colon cancer.
- For Bob Charves daughter.
- For Beth Stiles and her father and mother as their health has declined recently.
- For Kyle Lapp as he heals and prepares for a new direction in a Sober Living Environment (SLE). Thanksgiving for employment.
- For thanksgiving and continued healing for Janet Slay’s grandson Tyler, as he makes his adjustments to living independently.
- For Miller, Shelby, Ashley, April, Marty, Will and other young adults we know, as they struggle mightily with the world and all its ways that harm them. Bring them to healing and wholeness and grace and new life.
Church office hours are now Mon-Fri. 12:00 noon – 5:00 pm.
Thank you for your continued faithfulness in your financial giving back to God through our church. Please remember to either give your offering through the mail, through our website donation option, signing up for monthly electronic giving, or bringing it by the church office during the week.
Flowers for Worship: Please sign up to provide flowers in honor of someone or a special occasion as another way to offer yourself in worship to God. The Flower Chart will be available at worship, or you can call the church office – 476-4700.
- Preschool “Inflation Donations” are being collected at church now. This is to help us not have to increase tuition on the families we serve through our Child Development Center ministry. There are lists on the basket in the back of the church and they will be inserted into the Sunday bulletins and the monthly newsletter. These are items that you can add to your Costco and grocery lists.
- Donations are being collected at church for Socks and Toiletries. These will go towards our work with serving those who take part in our Association of Faith Communities programs for the unhoused, and for the Walnut Avenue Women’s Center respectively.
- Habitat for Humanity Lunches. We will be providing Lunches (sandwiches, chips, fruit & cookies) for 10 volunteers. Reply to this email or call the office if you would like to help out. Our next date is Tuesday, June 27th.
- A few copies of “White Fragility” are available to borrow. Call the office to inquire. This is a congregation-wide perspective that we are trying to adopt as we seek better understanding about the roots of racism, its consequences, and how our lives can better reflect an anti-racism perspective.
Grace and Peace,