“Everlasting God, you give strength to the weak and power to the faint. Make us agents of your healing and wholeness, that your good news may be made known to the ends of your creation. Amen.”
We will gather for worship on this 5th Sunday after Epiphany – February 4th at 10am.
You can also participate through the livestream and recording at www.ststephenslutheran.org.
There is usually a Children’s Church / Sunday School program planned during worship. Please contact Leslie Lapp 476-4700 for more info. The Family Room is always available adjacent to the sanctuary for little one’s activities if you need it. We love having children in church and all that brings as part of worship!
Coffee Fellowship: Please contact our Church Administrator Leslie if you are willing to host. We need you!
- February 14th – Ash Wednesday Worship at 11am and 7:30pm.
- February 21, 28, March 6, 13, 20 – Wednesday -6:30pm Soup Supper and 7:15pm Worship.
- For our newly elected Church Council members Sofia Bartee and Mark Linder, and for the newly forming Long-Range Planning Task Force.
- For Margaret diagnosed with rheumatic polymyalgia.
- For Mt. Cross as they begin preparations for summer.
- For Debra’s son James in his recovery / strength.
- For Julie R. in memory of her mother.
- For Francisco’s healing.
- For Sherilyn’s family in the loss of her father.
- For Don’s friend Rosie and all her co-workers who were laid off from their jobs at Rite-Aid.
- For Reina’s Grandma Maria to recover well from surgery for cancer and starts chemotherapy. For her and Ila’s new home to be a safe place.
- For Anne’s continued recovery. For healing and strength for her and her family.
- For Andrew’s Aunt Cheryl diagnosed with cancer.
- For Cheryl Bartee and family as they mourn the loss of her mother Jean Patterson.
- For Herb Schmidt & family as they mourn the loss of Grace.
- For Janet’s health and healing as she recovers from knee replacement.
- For Kirstin and all teachers as they help students and children try to understand the confusion and sadness and rage of the world today.
- For Lisa’s grandson Dustin that he would be strengthened for his upcoming cancer treatments and that he would be healed.
- For Pastor Jim’s friend Eric as he lives with CLL. Thanksgiving for new medications that are very effective.
- For Judi and Robert’s son and family.
- For Jeanne’s brother James to find the proper care he needs. For Peace of Mind.
- For Barb’s friend Charlie to have strength as his husband Tracey struggles with advanced MS and for her friend’s mother beginning treatment for breast cancer. For her brother-in-law Gary diagnosed with kidney cancer. For Cousin Bruce who is very ill with leukemia. For grandchild Asher, who lost a friend to osteosarcoma, and for her friend’s family and friends.
- For James to be healed from brain trauma, dental surgery, and for his benefits appeal, and for a wheelchair accessible van.
- For Shelly’s Uncle Jack diagnosed with Stage 4 prostate cancer, and thanksgiving for her friend Sam’s progress on his recovery.
- For Margaret’s older sister Karin as she recovers from a broken hip and a bad fall.
- For friends and family of Susan: Bill, Jessie, Sierra, Renee, Brandon, Tina, Lurline, Susan, Mike, Caitlin, Chelsea, John, Mateo, Monte and Tim. For Andre awaiting a kidney transplant. For Cody learning to walk again.
- For Bill’s niece Linda to receive adequate care going forward. Thanksgiving for her new residence.
- For Jody, Renny, Iris and Evelyn as they move to LaCrosse, WI for the next year. Bring strength, patience and courage in their transition.
- For Nancy’s son and daughter-in-law Joshua & Andrea for new housing, and for friends and our neighbors at St. Stephen’s Senior Housing: Jane, Annetta, Joyce, Bentley and Jeannie. Also for James, John, and Elida
- For Kim’s son Ty to find meaningful work, and for grandsons Isaac and Mateo, and for Atlas’ surgery & rehabilitation. For Marisa to find a wheelchair access apartment, and for Katrina’s peace of mind and soul.
- For Janica to be healed from cancer.
- For Nancy’s 15 yr old trans son Gray, and for Joshua, Hailey and Jesse. For friendship with Samuel.
- For Bill and Margaret’s daughter Carla’s health as she recovers from elbow nerve surgery and for her struggles at work. For Rena’s healing and recovery from leukemia. For Steven’s recovery from shoulder surgery and hip fractures.
- For Joel that his eyesight will be improved.
- For Beau and his family in his recurrence of brain cancer.
- For Dorothy as she struggles with chronic pain.
- For Tina’s brother Frank’s strength during treatment.
- For Jeannette’s brother Craig who was recently diagnosed with Parkinson’s. Successful surgery and healing for Tom.
- For Connie and Paul as Paul undergoes treatment for colon cancer.
- For Bob’s husband & daughter.
- For Beth to find a new apartment. For her father and mother as their health has declined.
- For Kyle as he continues to heal.
- For thanksgiving and continued healing for Janet’s grandson Tyler, as he makes his adjustments to living independently, And for his Grandmother Jan recently diagnosed with a brain tumor. For Keith’s continued recovery and thanksgiving for coming this far. For Noelle and Ensley.
- For Miller, Shelby, Ashley, April, Marty, Will and other young adults we know, as they struggle mightily with the world and all its ways that harm them. Bring them to healing and wholeness and grace and new life.
Church office hours are now Mon-Fri. 12noon – 5pm.
Thank you for your continued faithfulness in your financial giving back to God through our church. Please remember to either give your offering through the mail, through our website donation option, signing up for monthly electronic giving, or bringing it by the church office during the week.
Flowers for Worship: Please sign up to provide flowers in honor of someone or a special occasion as another way to offer yourself in worship to God. The Flower Chart will be available at worship, or you can call the church office – 476-4700.
- Preschool “Inflation Donations” are being collected at church now. This is to help us not have to increase tuition on the families we serve through our Child Development Center ministry. There are lists on the basket in the back of the church and they will be inserted into the Sunday bulletins and the monthly newsletter. These are items that you can add to your Costco and grocery lists.
- Donations are being collected at church for Socks and Toiletries. These will go towards our work with serving those who take part in our Association of Faith Communities programs for the unhoused, and for the Walnut Avenue Women’s Center respectively.
- Habitat for Humanity Lunches. We will be providing Lunches (sandwiches, chips, fruit & cookies) for 10 volunteers. Reply to this email or call the office if you would like to help out. Our next date is Tuesday, February 27th.
- A few copies of “White Fragility” are available to borrow. Call the office to inquire. This is a congregation-wide perspective that we are trying to adopt as we seek better understanding about the roots of racism, its consequences, and how our lives can better reflect an anti-racism perspective.
Grace and Peace,