Sovereign God, raise your throne in our hearts. Created by you, let us live in your image; created for you, let us act for your glory; redeemed by you, let us give you what is yours. Amen.
As we gather each Sunday, we receive the healing that makes us well and sends us forth to be signs of God’s mercy for the world. We will gather for worship on this 21st Sunday after Pentecost October 22nd at 10am.
You can also participate through the livestream and recording at www.ststephenslutheran.org.
There is usually a Children’s Church / Sunday School program planned during worship. Please contact Leslie Lapp 476-4700 for more info. The Family Room is always available adjacent to the sanctuary for little one’s activities if you need it. We love having children in church and all that brings as part of worship!
Coffee Fellowship: Please contact our Church Administrator Leslie if you are willing to host. We need you!
- October – Sunday the 22nd at 11:30am -1pm. / Weds. 25th at 6:30-8pm.
- Small Group Meetings led by Pastor Jim:
- “Who am I in God?”
- “Who are we as a church after the pandemic?”
- ” What do we sense God calling us to be?”
- Confirmation / 70th Anniversary Celebration: Reformation Sunday, October 29th followed by an All-Church Feast! Wear something RED
- For George Webber’s health to be restored as he recovers from emergency bowel surgery.
- For Jeanne’s brother James to find the proper care he needs. For Peace of Mind.
- For Julie’s healing.
- For Dustin, Lisa Johnson’s 14 year old grandson with bone cancer.
- Thanksgiving for 2 new students who have recently enrolled in our Child Development Center!
- For Barb’s friend Charlie to have strength as his husband Tracey struggles with advanced MS and for her friend’s mother beginning treatment for breast cancer.
- For James to be healed from brain trauma and for a wheelchair equipped van.
- For Shelly’s Uncle Jack diagnosed with Stage 4 prostate cancer, and thanksgiving for her friend Sam’s progress on his recovery.
- For Debra’s son James in his recovery.
- For Margaret’s older sister Karin as she recovers from a broken hip and a bad fall.
- For friends and family of Susan: Tina, Lurline, Susan, Mike, Caitlin, Chelsea, John, Mateo, Monte and Tim. For Andre awaiting a kidney transplant.
- For Bill’s niece Linda to receive urgent resolution of her present medical condition and for adequate care going forward.
- For Jody, Renny, Iris and Evelyn as they move to LaCrosse, WI for the next year. Bring strength, patience and courage in their transition.
- For Nancy’s son and daughter-in-law Joshua & Andrea for new housing, and for friends and our neighbors at St. Stephen’s Senior Housing: Jane, Annetta, Joyce, Bentley and Jeannie. Also for James, John, and Elida
- For Kim’s son Ty to find meaningful work, and for grandsons Isaac and Mateo, and for Atlas’ surgery and rehabilitation.
- For Rena’s ongoing battle with leukemia.
- For Janica to be healed from cancer and for her upcoming surgery.
- For Nancy as she struggles with depression. For her family and friends: Amy to be healed from cancer as she receives radiation treatment, and for her 15 yr old trans son Gray, and for Joshua, Hailey and Jesse.
- For Bill and Margaret’s daughter Carla’s health as she recovers from elbow nerve surgery and for her struggles at work.
- For Keith’s continued recovery. Thanksgiving he is home and doing well!
- For Joel that his eyesight will be improved.
- For Beau and his family in his recurrence of brain cancer.
- For Dorothy as she struggles with chronic pain.
- For Tina’s brother Frank’s strength during treatment.
- For Jeannette’s brother Craig who was recently diagnosed with Parkinson’s.
- For Connie and Paul as Paul undergoes treatment for colon cancer.
- For Bob’s husband & daughter.
- For Beth’s shoulder pain, and her father and mother as their health has declined.
- For Kyle as he continues to heal.
- For thanksgiving and continued healing for Janet’s grandson Tyler, as he makes his adjustments to living independently. For Keith’s continued recovery and thanksgiving for coming this far.
- For Miller, Shelby, Ashley, April, Marty, Will and other young adults we know, as they struggle mightily with the world and all its ways that harm them. Bring them to healing and wholeness and grace and new life.
Church office hours are now Mon-Fri. 12noon – 5pm.
Thank you for your continued faithfulness in your financial giving back to God through our church. Please remember to either give your offering through the mail, through our website donation option, signing up for monthly electronic giving, or bringing it by the church office during the week.
Flowers for Worship: Please sign up to provide flowers in honor of someone or a special occasion as another way to offer yourself in worship to God. The Flower Chart will be available at worship, or you can call the church office – 476-4700.
- Preschool “Inflation Donations” are being collected at church now. This is to help us not have to increase tuition on the families we serve through our Child Development Center ministry. There are lists on the basket in the back of the church and they will be inserted into the Sunday bulletins and the monthly newsletter. These are items that you can add to your Costco and grocery lists.
- Donations are being collected at church for Socks and Toiletries. These will go towards our work with serving those who take part in our Association of Faith Communities programs for the unhoused, and for the Walnut Avenue Women’s Center respectively.
- Habitat for Humanity Lunches. We will be providing Lunches (sandwiches, chips, fruit & cookies) for 10 volunteers. Reply to this email or call the office if you would like to help out. Our next date is Tuesday, October 24th.
- A few copies of “White Fragility” are available to borrow. Call the office to inquire. This is a congregation-wide perspective that we are trying to adopt as we seek better understanding about the roots of racism, its consequences, and how our lives can better reflect an anti-racism perspective.
Grace and Peace,