Please have some bread and “fruit of the vine” available for Holy Communion. And – please stay for the postlude – it is well worth it!
“This Sunday God promises Jeremiah that a “new covenant” (the fifth one from the Old Testament) will be made in the future: a covenant that will allow ALL the people to know God by heart. The church sees this promise fulfilled in Christ, who draws ALL people to himself when he is lifted up on the cross. Our baptismal covenant draws us to God’s heart through Christ and draws God’s love and truth into our hearts. We join together in worship, sharing in word, song, and meal, and leave strengthened to share God’s love with all the world.”
Upcoming worship schedule notes:
- Palm Sunday and Easter at 10 am., an in-person, outdoor worship service will be offered in our parking lot. They will be live-streamed so you can participate from home. An email with instructions for how you can join in remotely will be sent out. The same will be offered on Sunday April 18th at 10am.
- Beginning in May and continuing through August, on the 2nd and 4th Sundays of the month at 10 am, there will be an outdoor, live-streamed worship service. The recording of that service will be available after 5pm on our website.
- Those Sundays are May 9, 23 • June 13, 27 • July 11, 25 • August 8, 22. All other Sundays will be recorded and posted to our website by Sunday morning.
Our gathering for worship each Sunday in our homes, or wherever we are able, is very essential to strengthen us to meet the world’s challenges. These days, especially, we cling to the messages of our faith that call us to new beginnings and living a new life. Previous Sunday worship services are found here.
Thank you all for your amazing support and love and faithful prayers for Leslie and our family. What a difference it makes to be lifted up and healed in body and spirit by you all.
Please refer to Leslie’s “CaringBridge.org” page for updates and details about her story in case you may not have heard about her accident.
Thank you for your continued faithfulness in your financial giving back to God through our church. Please remember to either give your offering through the mail, through our website donation option, signing up for monthly electronic giving, OR if you just want to get out of the house, then come by the church and drop it off in the mailbox in a secure slot called “Incoming mail”! Office hours are M-Th 8:30-2:30. If you come during those times, you may also want to step into the sanctuary for some prayer and quiet time with God. We would love to see you. Our library is also open to you with quite a variety to choose from.
Thank you to those of you who have been sending us notes and messages of encouragement and support. They help keep us hopeful and joyful! We always love to hear how things are going. We would like to share your experiences in the Newsletter each month. So, give some thought to what’s been happening in your life – we all miss each other, and would be thrilled to hear what’s up!
- If any of you would like to participate, we are open to a few people Reading Scripture and offering the Prayers of Intercession from the Celebrate page. Or if you would just like to come to worship – Fridays (new day) 11:00 am. Call the office at 476-4700 to schedule your spot .
- Habitat for Humanity Lunches. We will be providing Lunches (sandwiches, chips, fruit & cookies) for 10 volunteers. Reply to this email or call the office if you would like to help out. We need 10 fruit and 2 dozen cookies. Our next date is Tuesday, April 27.
- A few copies of “White Fragility” are available to borrow. Call the office to inquire.
Grace and Peace,